5 night Chimp traCking & gorilla trekking - Driving
Details: 1 night Entebbe - 2 nights Crater Safari Lodge - 2 nights Gorilla Safari Lodge.
This 5 night driving tour introduces you to the scenery of the Ugandan landscape, the mountain gorillas of Bwindi, the chimpanzee of Kibale National Park; and the local cultures in the Pearl of Africa.
Enjoy gorilla trekking in the Bwindi Impenetrable National Forest, a one-of-a-kind experience; and a bonus visit to the neighbouring Batwa Pygmy community.
Enjoy tracking chimpanzee in Kibale Forest, a walk to the “Top of the World” to view the crater lakes, and a visit to Wilson’s Village. There will be additional time for alternate activities at both lodges. This itinerary is mainly via road, but does include a short and scenic flight from Kisoro to Entebbe.
Gorilla Safari lodge:
AT A GLANCE
• Located a 5 minute drive from the briefing point and start of the hike for gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park.
• The lodge offers both gorilla trekking or a full day gorilla conservation experience
• Golden monkey trekking and forest walks available
• Lodge is ideally situated on the fringes of the
• Plenty of alternate activities on offer which include
biking, visit to local communities, waterfall walks
• The lodge is a 3 hour scenic drive from the Kisoro
airstrip - accessible from Entebbe Airport.
• Close to the local community arts and crafts for curio
• Sweeping views of the hills and the Bwindi
• 18 Rooms catering for a maximum of 45 people.
• Child and family friendly lodge (baby sitting available
• Massage and spa treatments.
• Honeymoon room set-up available
Crater Safari Lodge:
AT A GLANCE
• Located on a hill overlooking the second largest crater lake in Uganda, Lake Nyinabulitwa
• Wake-up to the sound of giant kingfishers on your balcony
• Warm and friendly atmosphere
• Located close to the Kibale National Park, home of
the chimp trekking safari
• Swimming pool with views of the crater lake
• 11 thatched stand-alone wooden cabins and 10
standard pool facing cabanas
• Romantic bush dinner options on the shores of the
• Lodge is ideal for both honeymoons and weddings • From swamp walks, to fishing, canoeing and hiking;
there are a host of activities on offer